Moneybox – the BBC’s personal finance programme on Radio 4 has an episode on finance for UK Citizens living in Europe. Jane Golding was one of 3 experts on the panel to explain the issues and give their own personal perspectives. Listeners had contacted the programme before transmission to submit their questions and these covered, amongst others:
- The impact of a No-Deal Brexit.
- The loss of Free Movement, specifically working or offering services to a range of EU countries.
- Recognition of Qualifications.
- Healthcare and the transfer of UK Healthcare to another EU country.
- Study, Erasmus and the treatment of UK Nationals resident in the EU who then wish to study in the UK.
- Couples returning to the UK including the cost of returning and selling property abroad or even buying in the UK.
- Aggregated Pensions across EU countries.
The programme is available via the programme’s Website.